EMTEK does not stand behind their products

10+ years ago I built my home and used Durango levers throughout. Recently several of them started BREAKING. I called Emtek's customer service because on their website it states that they provide a Limited Lifetime Warranty. The CSR told me that the Limited Lifetime warranty only applies to products purchased since 2012. Anything purchased prior to 2012 had only a 5 year warranty. What? Who in this day and age expects their door handles to start breaking after a few years (and these are not $30 handles either but rather $150) ? Either way shame on me for not paying attention when I bought the product. When I asked them to provide me with the mentioned warranty they declined saying that it was my responsibility to keep the warranty slip that came with the product.

The CSR actually suggested that I purchase a replacement product. RIGHT! I am just about to spend $130 - $150 per door on a product that does not last and that is produced by a company that does not stand behind their products.

The bottom line is that EMTEK does not stand behind their product and their product is ***.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Emtek Durango Lever
Review category
Building Products
review #672937 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Emtek? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 1 No 1
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 16 #1185875 Powell River, British Columbia

I am in the exactly the same situation! Home 10 years old,used emtek hardware throughout, very disappointed. Interior doors seem to be holding out,with exception to the finish..6 exterior doors are toast! Inner parts started breaking within the first 6 years and my local building supply and Emtek dealer was awesome at replacing the parts and going to bat for me with Emtek. However they have stopped carrying all Emtek products because of customer complaints and the lack of support from Emtek backing up their products. Just the fact that they do not warranty anything before 2012 tells me that they know they sold duds.
btw raised 4 kids for 19 years in our last home and never hand to replace a basic builders grade door handle. hmmm

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.