EMTEK does not stand behind their products
10+ years ago I built my home and used Durango levers throughout. Recently several of them started BREAKING. I called Emtek's customer service because on their website it states that they provide a Limited Lifetime Warranty. The CSR told me that the Limited Lifetime warranty only applies to products purchased since 2012. Anything purchased prior to 2012 had only a 5 year warranty. What? Who in this day and age expects their door handles to start breaking after a few years (and these are not $30 handles either but rather $150) ? Either way shame on me for not paying attention when I bought the product. When I asked them to provide me with the mentioned warranty they declined saying that it was my responsibility to keep the warranty slip that came with the product.
The CSR actually suggested that I purchase a replacement product. RIGHT! I am just about to spend $130 - $150 per door on a product that does not last and that is produced by a company that does not stand behind their products.
The bottom line is that EMTEK does not stand behind their product and their product is ***.
STAY AWAY FROM EMTEK PRODUCTS!!!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Emtek Durango Lever
- Review category
- Building Products
You May Also Like
- "I cleaned the decks with cleaner waited 48 hours then swept the deck before painting. The decks were painted one coat let dry over night then 2nd coat applied, one..."
- "The lock and latch system on the Larson Security Storm door is contrary to safe opening panic latches. I had a Larson Security Storm door installed in September, 2015. The..."
- "Bought 2 Maxim Lighting exterior lighting fixtures through ATG Stores. Beautiful fixtures and durable per the description. $170 per light. Got the first 2. Noticed that the engineering drawing didn't..."
- "Bought less then a month ago and AlreAdy falling Apart completely and went to the store to try and get a refund with a recipt and they didn't want to..."
- "I have ordered few times & each & every time they charge extra and promise early delivery. It never happens. Including today's birthday delivery that I was charged about $5..."
- "Linda B. Wilson 1099 oid tax fraud -A federal grand jury has indicted 55 people in relation to a huge tax fraud scheme involving hundreds of false income tax returns..."
- "Ordered 1/2" Carolina Stair Single Swivel Base for Adjustable Slide Baluster. They are actually 3/8". I had to pay a machine shop to machine them. I chose not to complain...."
- " Last week my KitchenAid (owned by Whirlpool) microwave oven ceased to function. It is a high end appliance with a retail cost in the neighborhood of $550. I investigated the..."
- "Took my little girl to Claire's today. We walk into the store and a sales person made sure to tell us the entire store was buy 3 get 3 for..."